Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Worldwide Wardrobe 2013

Hey y'all!

Travel Supermarket is holding a contest 'Worldwide Wardrobe' giving you the chance of winning £200 to buy your winning outfit AND a trip to the destination that your outfit was most suitable for. Crazy, isn't it? Imagine getting the chance of going to Ibiza, Paris, New York or London? It's like dreams coming true. All you have to do is create an outfit of your own choice which you think will be the most suitable for each destination and explain why. If you want to you can only create an outfit for one of the destinations or all five, it's all up to you. 

Secondly, you have to pick 5 blogger who you think will be up for the challenge. I'm nominating:

Kirsten from SPRFRK
Natalie from An Odd Girl
Sammie from Beauty Crush

If you fancy, you can enter the competition HERE



TOTAL - £114.99

When you're somewhere warm and most of the time you will spend partying you want to feel comfortable in what you're wearing and at the same time you obviously want to look fashionable. That's why I went for a tie dye tee which is a massive trend this season, to keep me cool and comfy but at the same time it will look super cool and trendy. I paired it up with dark denim shorts as I love denim shorts. I feel good in them and they are a basic piece in my wardrobe for summer. Because the t-shirt is very bright and colourful I decided to go for a dark denim to create a balance between the colours. This colourful tee gives you a lot of different possibilities, due to a lot of colours you can play around with the whole outfit and mix it with a lot of different colours. Thats why I decided to go for red vans to underline the whole outfit and give it a finishing look by choosing a darker colour. For accessories I picked a pair of sunnies which are essential for me in the summer, especially when you're in Ibiza right? And a set of bracelets with different shades of brown and red which go really well with the whole outfit and the shoes.




TOTAL - £199.99

While you're visiting Paris you must be prepared for the heat, large crowds, walking long distances and streets full of people who put fashion in front of everything else. That's why I decided to put my own spin on this look, to stand out from the crowd and be noticed for what I'm wearing. Dungarees, without a doubt will grab others attention, they add a different dimension to the outfit and at the same time look trendy and you feel comfortable wearing them. I decided to go for more casual look, as you will be walking long distances. I pared up the plain dungarees with a busy pattern tee which goes perfectly with them and a straw hat to protect my head from the sun and at the same time creating a funky, fashionable look. Spending all days walking you want to pick a pair of comfy shoes that you know they won't kill your feel, that's why I picked a pair of white converse. They go really well with the light denim dungarees, t-shirt and the hat. In my opinion creating a perfect outfit for sightseeing in Paris. I also added a big brown bag to break the colours and create a bit of a contrast between the light and pastel colours, which adds more life to the outfit. Of course I also included a pair of sunnies, I decided to go for a black pair because black sunnies are more classic and easy to pair with anything. 




TOTAL - £172.94

Going for cocktails in New York you want to look stylish. I picked this yellow blazer and paired it with a pair of simple black jeans. This season is all about bright and bold colours, pairing this blazer with black jeans creates a huge contrast. You will look stylish and trendy. Fashion is about taking risks, not being afraid to mix colours and be bold. Therefore I think this blazer is a perfect if you want to impress someone with your style and show that you're not scared of fashion and bright colours. To tone the outfit down I paired the bright blazer with a calm, toned pastel shirt. I think it's a perfect composition as it tones down the brightness and matches perfectly with the jacket. Adding a pair of brown and navy boat shoes and finishing the look with a gold watch and brown sunnies you are ready to turn heads and rock in New York! 




TOTAL - £159.24

As I mentioned before spring and summer 2013 is about not being afraid to mix colours and contrasts. That's why this outfit is featuring a black and white theme. To make it more interesting I chose a pair of light, ripped jeans from Asos. I decided to go for them to break the contrast between the black and white and I also think it makes the outfit a lot more interesting. Also when you're shopping in busy London it's all about the comfort and I feel most comfortable in jeans. Pairing the jeans up with white Homies sweatshirt and a black beanie and Nikes creates a massive contrast and that's what I love about this outfit. It's simple but trendy and at the same time super comfy. Because what's better than a baggy, soft sweatshirt and a pair of trainers? To finish this outfit off I decided to add this funky, gold, studded necklace. I think it goes really well with the theme and adds more colour and different dimension to this 'street' look.


Which look is your favourite? I would love to find out!
Good luck to everyone who entered the competition :)

38 comments:

  1. Love the outfits, the London one is probably my favourite! x

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the outfits, my fav has to be the Ibiza one, I LOVE the top!

    ♥ Filthy Fashion ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also participate, it's a great opportunity! Good luck! :D
    Love the NY set.

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the first

    Passa da me/ See me

    FASHION SEDUCER
    Ti seguo con Google Friend Connect, ricambi? (I follow you, follow me)
    Ci seguiamo su
    Google +
    e
    Bloglovin
    ? (Follow us on
    Google +
    and ?
    Bloglovin
    )

    MY FACEBOOK


    MY BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!!!!

    xoxo

    http://fashionbohem.blogspot.com.es/2013/05/concurso-tenerife-moda.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome outfits! I love the firs one it's so summery!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those Nikes! These all look so cool xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT SELECTIONS!!!
    www.theprincessgown.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love them all! Especially the Paris,Ibiza and London ones! ^_^ very well put together. great post!
    Maria xx
    http://thesuckerforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great selection, love the 2° and 4°!!!!
    If you want we can follow each other on GFC, tell me what do you think =)
    kisses,
    vogue4breakfast.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh great post, I haven't seen a guy's take on this competition yet!
    I love the clubbing in Ibiza outfit :)
    xx

    http://sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these look! specially the new york one and the shirt from the 2nd one!
    Amazing pieces pulled together. Great post!
    http://sayalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah love the idea of the dungarees, really want to try some on and see if they'd suit me!
    Also thankyou for tagging me - I'll have a go over the next few days and let you know what I've come up with :)

    Sam
    http://sprksam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a great blog <3
    looks great
    Thanks for your comment
    Following :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. great looks, youve dressed the occasions so well xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome pieces! Thanks for sharing such a nice post! Gladly followed you on Bloglovin', hope you can do same;)
    Have a happy time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the first look!

    XOXO
    Arianna

    http://aryannastyle.blogspot.it/
    https://www.facebook.com/AryannaStyle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these sets! My favorite has got to be the one with the overalls. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice outfits.

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore the last look and I definitely need that sweater in my closet! I was thinking about buying it on eBay! Great post darling and thank you for that lovely comment you left on my blog xx

    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. great picks... love the first one :)

    would you like to follow each other?
    follow me if you like and i always follow back!

    http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. great competition and great outfits ;)

    funny, because my latest post is about ibiza too hehe

    xx
    http://www.worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun competition! I think my favourtie outfit has to be the one for Ibiza. ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. great post David
    love the tee on the first one
    love Vikee
    www.slavetofashion9771.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love all the outfit sets!

    kamilmurillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice blog. Follow you!

    Please follow me :))

    www.beautyandfashion-makeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the first outfit
    http://loving-evelyn.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow great post!! Just ran into your blog and already loving it! Don't often see a guy with a fashion blog, so I'm definitely following your blog to show my support! :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    Boonya - http://theartywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome sets you created David:)!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love, love, love. Amazing outfits! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the comment on my blog :-) glad to have found yours, I will have to get my husband on here asap ;) x x

    www.dressedinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow, these are some really cool looks. I'm especially digging the yellow blazer you picked out. And the tye-dye shirt--heck yea!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You probably won't see this but I just wanted to say how I love your style and you're the first male blogger I've come across and I'm in love with your blog already!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the Ibiza and London outfit - definitely captures the essence of those places!

    Yinyin xx
    YinyinLoves

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the idea of this post! Great style picks as well, keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete